понеделник, 19 януари 2009 г.

Comparing the different types of swing sets

Since long time I have been interested in outdoor swing sets because they are great addition to your backyard. The first quesiton I had to ask myself about the swing set was what kind is the most appropriate for my garden.

Here is what i found:

1. Wooden swing sets. They are very nice, beautiful and safe. Their main disadvantage is the high price. The ones I liked most (complete playsets with swings and other tools) costed several thousands dollars.

2. Metal swing sets. The greatest thing about them is their price - you can find decent metal swing set for less than $500! They are also very robust and can last years. What I did not like so much about metal swing sets is that they don't look as good as the wooden ones. Also, I have seen some who rusted so i think they should be painted regularly (It seems that the article I linked suggests the same)

3. Plastic swings. Most people point out that plastic swing sets are the best, but I am not sureally syre they are the real altervative. They are more expensive than the metal sets but are not as good as the wooden ones.

What's your take? Do you have swing sets or do some of your friends have? Which one is best? Also, it would be interesting to hear if there are other types of swing sets that I have not mentioned in this blog post.

There are also other great thinsg you can add in your garden - a fountain, pergolla, garden shed, alpineum... There is just not enough space for everything! I'll be happy to hear abotu your garden projects anyway.

Няма коментари: